Location of LAS PIEDRAS
in the Map of Puerto Rico
Las Piedras (lahs pee-EH-drahs) is a municipality in east Puerto Rico located in the center region of the island, north of Yabucoa; south of Canóvanas and Río Grande; east of Juncos and San Lorenzo; and west of Naguabo and Humacao. Las Piedras is spread over 7 wards and Las Piedras Pueblo (The downtown area and the administrative center of the city).
Las Piedras, being a colorful town, has many natural attractions such as "La Cueva del Indio" which is a place that has original Indian playgrounds, caves and paintings that denote some characteristics of the ancient island's natives. Las Piedras is located about 45 minutes from San Juan, Puerto Rico's capital and 5 minutes from Palmas del Mar, Humacao which is one of the biggest resorts in the Caribbean.
Las Piedras was founded in 1773.
The flag of Las Piedras is formed by three horizontal strips of equal width, the superior (top) white, green the center and blue the inferior (bottom) one. In the center in yellow color resides the Taíno sun of the shield.
 Coat of Arms
In a silver field resides a blue monogram of the Holy Virgin, topped by a blue crown. Seven silver stones border the silver field and at the tip of the shield resides the Taíno sun in gold denominated as the "Sun of Las Piedras".
Reference: Wikipedia.org / census.gov / mapquest.com