Location of ARROYO
in the Map of Puerto Rico
Arroyo (ah-RO-yo), is a municipality in the Southern Coastal Valley of Puerto Rico and bordered by the Caribbean Sea, east of the municipality of Guayama and northwest of the municipality of Patillas. Arroyo is spread over 5 wards and Arroyo Pueblo (The downtown area and the administrative center of the city).
Arroyo, founded in December 25, 1855, derives its name from the small stream from which weary travelers in the past stopped for a drink of water and to rest.
Arroyo is known as "Pueblo Ingrato-Pueblo Grato".
It has two horizontal bands of equal size. The orange and black colors keep alive a past filled with adventure and accomplishment. The Coat of Arms is placed in the center of the flag.
 Coat of Arms
Cut into the upper blue field a church, a rosary to the right and a flower to the left. At the base, a tower between two silver telegraph poles on green hills. At the bottom waving stripes of blue and silver, and below these, a fish. Above the shield, lies a crown of three towers filled in with purple. Below there's a banner with the motto, Arroyo Pueblo Grato (Arroyo Pleasing Town).
Reference: Wikipedia.org / census.gov / mapquest.com