to the town of
LAJAS , Puerto Rico
People are know as
Virgen de la Candelaria
The town of LAJAS in Puerto Rico was founded in 1883
Housing units : 10947
Estimated population as of 2006 is 27,583
The zipcode is 00667
|Area in square miles
|Density per square mile of land area
The Wards (Barrios) are:
Candelaria, Costa, Lajas, Lajas Arriba, Llanos, Palmarejo, Parquera, Paris, La Plata, Sababa Yeguas y Santa Rosa.
Location of LAJAS
in the Map of Puerto Rico
Lajas is a municipality of Puerto Rico located in southwestern region, south of San Germán and Sabana Grande; east of Cabo Rojo; and west of Guánica. Lajas is spread over 11 wards and Lajas Pueblo
Located at the Lajas valley, the town was founded in 1883 by Teodoro Jacome Pagan.
The flag consists of three (3) horizontal stripes; the superior one green, the center white and the bottom one yellow. A fourth stripe, of equal width forms a cross. In the center of that cross we have two arms united with a ripe yellow pineapple. The cross is surrounded by eleven gold stars; five in the superior (north) part and six in the inferior (south) part of the cross forming a circle.
 Coat of Arms
The body is gold with a green band crossing it diagonally right to left; the color gold stands for the wealth of the land and green stands for the beauty of the valley which is a gift from mother nature to Lajas. The band is adorned, at each end, with a pineapple bordered in gold and black. In the center of the band, also in gold, a marine shell. In the left superior side there is a red cardinal's hat and in the inferior a red anchor with a green; the shield has 3 tower castle, each one with two windows and one door. On the bottom, outside the shield, a banner with the inscription "Cardenalicia City" (Cardinality City). The banner and the inscription appear in black.
Reference: Wikipedia.org / census.gov / mapquest.com